This is a wonderful pickled asparagus recipe. When this veggie is at a good price, I always make lots of it, and store away for the winter...great along side with just about any dish. Note cooking time is boiling time for the jars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place several slices of onion in the bottom of two 1-quart jars.
- 2Trim the asparagus to fit in the jars; pack them in with the cut-end facing down.
- 3Place the pepper strips in between asparagus.
- 4Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan, and boil over moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- 5Pour into the jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space.
- 6Seal the jars according to the manufacturer's directions; process for 20 minutes in boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Pickled Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (2585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2351.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar