Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really good!and so simple.Make sure to space them on the cookie sheet,they spread.These are thin and crispy on the outside and chewy inside.Flavorings,nuts or chips could be added.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients except oats in a medium size bowl.
- Cut in the margarine until it looks like crumbly pie dough.
- Add oats,work in with hands and roll into small balls,place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart (they do spread) and flaten them a little.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- They come out thin and crispy.
These were pretty good... next time I'd add some vanilla and cinnamon and maybe a little extra sugar as they weren't very sweet. Also, my cook time was 10 minutes and I had to take them out because they were about to burn (my oven is usually about 2 minutes "quick" on cooking cookies). Thanks for the easy recipe!