Recipe by Dave
Top Review by St. Louie Suzie
I tried this recipe a 2nd time because the first time I burned it in the microwave. I halved the recipe again, but microwaved only 3 minutes, stirring once at 1:30. Still, I nearly burned it. The nuts turned out tasting okay -- but not what I would call "wonderful."
- 2 cups mixed nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- To toast nuts, heat and stir over medium heat till toasted.
- Or carefully heat in the microwave for a few minutes.
- Nuts tend to burn easily so toast with caution and stir and turn frequently.
- Then stir nuts with remainder of ingredients and mix well.
- Microwave on high power for 7 minutes, stirring once.
- Then pour mixture on a sheet of foil and let cool completely.
- Break up nut mixture and stir in a cool dry place.
- Note: made in a 650/700 watt microwave oven, so adjust time if needed.