Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the best meat loat I have ever tasted !! I got it from my sister-in-law years ago. It is my husbands favorite, it is sooooooo moist.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt (actually calls for tbsp, but I find its tooooo salty with that much)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 slices fresh bread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Combine all ingredients, except for topping ingredients.
- Press into square pan, add topping, bake at 400 for 1/1/2 hours.
I have been making meatloaf the same way for over 20 years. My kids could not believe that I would try a different recipe for it....But...I am so glad I did! This recipe is wonderful! As usual, I add a few touches of my own, I added garlic powder, and a little more cheese. My family said not to change anything it is perfect!
Very good meatloaf and very different than I have ever tasted. I substituted the ketchup and brown sugar with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and added a 1/4 tsp of Red Cayenne Pepper for a little spice. It was delectable. My wife and kids loved it.
The best meatloaf this bachelor has ever eaten. Very good!