Recipe by Sharkkool
I got this recipe from an old boyfriend and have made it several times and family and friends always want the recipe. A bit different from the usual as it uses cream cheese rather than ricotta. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2⁄3 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon season salt (I like Nature's Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or more if you love garlic I usually add more)
- 1 lb cream cheese (regular, low fat or no fat, all work well)
- manicotti or jumbo pasta shells
- 32 ounces Italian sauce
- 1⁄2 lb shredded Italian cheese, mix (Mozzarella, Fortina, Parmesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meats & onion together. Drain. Add seasonings and cream cheese, not the sauce yet. Prepare manicotti shells or jumbo shells according to package instructions. Stuff pasta with meat mixture (I use a baggie and clip off a corner to fill).Sppon a smal amount of the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and arrange filled pasta in the dish. Cover with favorite Italian sauce and top with shredded cheese (may cover with foil if you do not like your cheese too brown and remove the last 10 minutes). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Freezes well.