Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Anyone that has been " around" awhile had to have made this at least once !! Here is another recipe and hope you want to try it again !! It is easy and can be made the day before and is great to take for a dish to pass !! Enjoy
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 granny smith apples, sliced and tossed with
- lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- mix all ingrdients for dressing in bowl and set aside.
- next layer in large deep dish all ingredients in the order listed up until the cheese.
- Spread salad dressing completely over the top.
- Sprinkle cheese, onions and bacon over salad.
- Cover and refridgerate at least 4-5 hours or overnight.