Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This is a scrumptious dish, with thick layers of eggplant and creamy cheese sauce.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans salt-free tomato sauce or 2 (8 ounce) cansregular tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium eggplant, peeled, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- place eggplant slices on oiled sheet and bake 15 minute reduce heat to 350.
- Lightly oil 8" square pan with spray.
- Spoon 2/3 cup of the sauce in the bottom of prepared pan.
- Top with 1/2 cup of the eggplant.
- Drop ricotta by the spoonfuls onto eggplant.
- Top with next layer of 2/3 cup sauce.
- Add remaining eggplant slices and press them down lightly.
- sprinkle with mozza then remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered 35 minute Let stand 5 minutes.