Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an inexpensive way to always have chocolate pudding on hand and it's tastes just as good as the boxed --- to avoid any chance of a scorched saucepan bottom this can easily be prepared in the microwave, for a lighter milk chocolate flavor use only 1 cup cocoa.
Top Review by Snigiro
I am on Weight Watchers, therefore, I substituted the same amount of Splenda for the sugar. DEEE-lish!! The butter is nice, but omitting it does not hurt the results. Mixed with Cool Whip, it is just like eating a slice of chocolate pie, minus the crust,of course!! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 946.36 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 631.69 ml sugar
- 314.66 ml cornstarch
- 236.59-314.66 ml baking cocoa (1 cup for light, 1-1/3 cups for a dark rich flavor)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml milk (I like using half and half as it has a more creamy taste) or 473.18 ml half-and-half (I like using half and half as it has a more creamy taste)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2.46 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR MIX: Sift together all ingredients.
- Store in airtight container or plastic bag.
- TO MAKE PUDDING: Combine 1 cup of dry mix with 2 cups milk in a very heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a med boil; stirring constantly (watch closely not to burn!).
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Divide into bowls.