Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorite eggnog recipes!... always a favorite at Christmas! 4-6 servings, right?... I could drink this whole thing myself LOL! Please note: serving raw eggs to senions or children should be avoided due to salmonella factor!
- In a large bowl beat together egg whites and salt until frothy.
- Gradually beat in 1/3 cup of the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside for a couple of minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the yolks until light in colour, then gradually add in remaining 1/3 cup sugar and beat until thickened and lemon coloured,.
- Whisking constantly gradually add in the half and half, milk and rum to the yolks.
- Using a chilled bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipping cream, beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Just before serving sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.