One of my favorite eggnog recipes!... always a favorite at Christmas! 4-6 servings, right?... I could drink this whole thing myself LOL! Please note: serving raw eggs to senions or children should be avoided due to salmonella factor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl beat together egg whites and salt until frothy.
- 2Gradually beat in 1/3 cup of the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside for a couple of minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the yolks until light in colour, then gradually add in remaining 1/3 cup sugar and beat until thickened and lemon coloured,.
- 4Whisking constantly gradually add in the half and half, milk and rum to the yolks.
- 5Using a chilled bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- 6Fold the whipping cream, beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- 8Just before serving sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Holiday Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.8
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 449.6 mg
- Sodium 359.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 17.0 g