Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I absolutely love feta cheese and always looking for recipes to incorporate it in. This is an easy breakfast my family loves.
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 lb Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. When hot add eggs and cook until done.
- Put on serving plates, reserving the oil in skillet. Place the roasted peppers, feta, crushed chiles and salt and pepper in the skillet and cook until just warm, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the pepper mixture equally over the cooked eggs and serve immediately.
This is quite good. I made my own roasted bell pepper under the broiler. I used a yellow pepper as that is what I had. I used sea salt and in place of the crushed red pepper flakes I used paprika as I didn't have any plus we don't like spicy (I may have added a dash or two garlic salt as well). I followed the rest exactly. Made for The Big Fat Greek Tag Game! For the WHOLE of September 2010 in KK's forum.
We had these eggs for dinner last night and oh....they were so very good! I cut the recipe down for 2...but used the whole red pepper/feta combo. Instead of using slices of pepper...I diced them. DH hummed through his dinner and asked for them to be made again. Love the heat from the chili pepper flakes. Thank you so much for sharing!
Love the appearance and flavor of these eggs. I used mixed peppers, cut way back on the oil. When the peppers were all but done I fried my eggs. The bright colors from the peppers and the feta really sell the recipe