Recipe by Samantha in Ut
I absolutely love feta cheese and always looking for recipes to incorporate it in. This is an easy breakfast my family loves.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is quite good. I made my own roasted bell pepper under the broiler. I used a yellow pepper as that is what I had. I used sea salt and in place of the crushed red pepper flakes I used paprika as I didn't have any plus we don't like spicy (I may have added a dash or two garlic salt as well). I followed the rest exactly. Made for The Big Fat Greek Tag Game! For the WHOLE of September 2010 in KK's forum.
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 lb Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. When hot add eggs and cook until done.
- Put on serving plates, reserving the oil in skillet. Place the roasted peppers, feta, crushed chiles and salt and pepper in the skillet and cook until just warm, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the pepper mixture equally over the cooked eggs and serve immediately.