Recipe by ChristyE
Like most Celiacs, white bread is one of the foods our gluten-free family misses the most. I created this after much trial and error in trying to make a bread that tastes like real wheat bread.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine water, sugar and yeast. Set aside until foamy, about 5-10 minutes.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, combine yeast mixture with remaining ingredients. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into a greased loaf pan. Using the back of a wet spoon, smooth the top of the bread.
- Place in a warm place for 1 hour or until bread has risen just over the top of the loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately remove bread from pan. Place on wire rack to cool.