Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
For all you garlic lovers, heres a salsa recipe that you are sure to enjoy.
Make and share this Wonderful Elephant Garlic Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb roma tomato, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lime, peeled
- 4 cloves elephant garlic
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Chop garlic, green pepper and cilantro until fine (I use a food processor).
- Chop the balance of the ingredients, except the jalapeno pepper; add to garlic/pepper mixture.
- Chop the jalapeno pepper; add to mixture to desired heat.
- Adjust all other ingredients to suit taste.
- Note: you may substitute regular garlic for the elephant garlic (adjust to suit taste).
I can`t imagine using 4 cloves of elephant garlic for 1 is the same size as 6 cloves of regular garlic. Yes they are mildier but I wenty for 4 cloves of regular garlic and boy this was great! yes I do have a wonderful aroma from eating it and it was worth it!I did add lime juice as well.