Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
One of the best recipes for date loaf...this recipe makes four mini loaves, if desired you may freeze a couple, they freeze very well --- servings is only estimated, raisins may be replaced for the dates or for the holidays use candied cherries in place of the dates, or half of each.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease four 6x3-inch mini loaf pans.
- In a bowl sift first 5 ingredients.
- Combine 1/4 of the flour mixture with the chopped dates and nuts; toss to coat.
- In another bowl combine butter and sugar; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and beat well then add in the vanilla, almond extract, and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in dry ingredients alternately with milk beating after each addition.
- Fold in the dates/flour mixture by hand, then spoon into prepared mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until loaves test done.