Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
If you are a curry lover, then you will really enjoy this cold rice salad. The chilling times for this recipe is about 3 hours so plan ahead, preparing a day in advance is even better. All ingredients may be doubled if deired.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups good quality chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice (Uncle Ben's converted white rice is the best)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds (optional, but good to use)
- In a medium saucepan, saute the butter with curry powder (to release the flavors).
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Add in rice; cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in green onions and lemon juice.
- Chill thoroughly (about 2 hours).
- In a bowl combine the mayo with milk; blend well, then stir into the rice mixture along with the chopped apples, raisins and almonds (if using).
- Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving.