Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This cookie recipe is an absolute FAVORITE of my kids. I got this years ago from a Nestle Toll House recipe book and have made it many, many times since. This recipe makes alot of cookies, but they will go fast.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oats or 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate bits (12 oz)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375° oven for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12-13 minutes for crispier cookies.
- Let stand for 1 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
These are really yummy and very easy to make. I left out the optional nuts because I was making a quick batch of biscuits, and halved the recipe (not needing 48 naughty temptations!) and they were wonderful. Thanks for a yummy recipe that will certainly be made again.
Good classic oatmeal cookie recipe.
These are FABULOUS! Easy to make and they don't last long at all! They get made at my house a LOT! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe! :)