Recipe by Becky H
This cookie recipe is an absolute FAVORITE of my kids. I got this years ago from a Nestle Toll House recipe book and have made it many, many times since. This recipe makes alot of cookies, but they will go fast.
Top Review by Sooty_Cat
These are really yummy and very easy to make. I left out the optional nuts because I was making a quick batch of biscuits, and halved the recipe (not needing 48 naughty temptations!) and they were wonderful. Thanks for a yummy recipe that will certainly be made again.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oats or 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate bits (12 oz)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375° oven for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12-13 minutes for crispier cookies.
- Let stand for 1 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.