- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (, 1 medium onion)
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chili pepper (, 2 chilies)
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery (, 1 stalk)
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
- Crumble the cooked beef into small pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef and all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.