Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from the Quick From Scratch Chicken cookbook...it has a Caribbean influence., and will have your meal on the table in about 30 minutes...when you taste this dish, it will become a favorite, you will find yourself making this recipe over and over...we do at our house. Serve it up with white rice.
- 2 large bananas, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water, more if needed
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 450 degrees.
- In a processor or blender, puree the bananas, curry powder, coriander, dry mustard, butter, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup water.
- Make a few deep cuts in each chicken breast, and lay breasts in a roasting pan.
- Pour the curry sauce over the chicken, making sure that the sauce gets into the cuts.
- Roast in the bottom third of the oven, until the chicken is just done (about 20 minutes).
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, and remove the chicken breasts from the pan.
- There should be plenty of thick sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Set the pan over med-low heat on top of the stove, and whisk until sauce is heated through, adding more water, if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Serve the chicken breasts with the sauce over them.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.