Recipe by Howiesar
I grew up eating this recipe and then when I began my career and was helping people learn to cook I use this recipe. It is so easy to make and everyone I make it for asks for the recipe! Enjoy!!
Top Review by kzbhansen
This was very good, I used 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup 2 cups of sour cream and kept the stuffing the same. I layered as you mentioned then baked at 350 for 30 minutes. This was a great recipe. My family loved it!! I had a similar recipe and just played a bit. I liked your layering idea and step 2 made all the world of diffrence compared to mine where I had to sprinkle chicken then pour liquids. THanks for a fabulous recipe, this will be made again!! Karen
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bagpepperridge farm dried herb stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in large pot covered with water, bring this to a boil over high and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain chicken, and finely chop chicken into small bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl and mix in the sour cream, chicken broth and cream of chicken. Mix until combined.
- In a second bowl melt the 1/4 cup butter, then mix in the Petridge Farms stuffing until moist.
- In a 3-5 quart casserole dish layer the two bowls. First a layer of chicken mixture, then a layer of stuffing, repeat and end with stuffing.
- Bake at 350 for 1-1.5 hours. If the top of the crumb layer is browning you can cover the casserole for the remaining time. Since everything is precooked, the goal of cooking is to have the dish heated through, and let the flavors combine.