Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I think this is the best recipe around:) It freezes very well and is wonderful with any compote on top!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine crumbs, 2 T sugar, butter; mix well.
- Press in bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature on rack.
- Refrigerate several hours.
This was so easy to whip up and it turned out Wonderful is right! I used your Strawberry Compote and it was the frosting on the cake! Everyone loved it, and complimented me with every bite just about! Potzi
This was really good, although I think four eggs is too much for this cake. I wish I had put fruit compote on it like you suggested, but I didn't due to a lack of creativity. Maybe you can post what fruit compote goes good with this cheesecake. On the whole it was a good cheesecake.