1 hr 5 mins
If you are searching for the perfect pound cake, then look no more, this is it!..it's one of THE best recipes for pound cake! This one has a sugar/nut topping sprinkled on top of the cake before baking. Just follow the steps carefully, mix baking powder with warm milk and the baking soda in the lemon juice, I have even used half whipping cream and half and half cream...and you will have a wonderful moist buttery pound cake that you will be making over and over again...I promise! Please, use butter only, and make sure that eggs are at room temperature, yes the flour is mixed in to the creamed mixture before the eggs, there is no mistake on the directions LOL! If you do not want to use the half and half cream, whole full-fat milk may be used in place, but the half and half cream produces a better cake. If you prefer a sweeter cake, then add in another 3-4 tablespoons sugar. I most always serve this with my caramel sauce recipe (#78088) drizzled over the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a large springform pan (do not use a Bundt or tube pan!).
- 3In a bowl cream the butter with 2 cups of sugar for about 6 minutes (until no sugar granules remain in the creamed mixture).
- 4Add in the flour and beat until combined (mixture will be thick and coarse).
- 5Add in eggs (one at a time) mixing well after each addition.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk the warmed milk with the baking powder, then add into the creamed mixture; mix until combine.
- 7In another small bowl, dissolve/whisk the lemon juice with the baking soda: mix well until combined.
- 8Add the lemon juice/baking soda mix to the batter; mix until combined.
- 9Pour the batter into prepare greased springform pan.
- 10Combine the 1/3 cup sugar with the chopped nuts.
- 11Sprinkle on top of cake.
- 12Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (I found that 45 minutes in a 325 degree air-convection oven exactly was the perfect baking time for the cake ).
- 13Cool the cake completely in the pan before removing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Buttery Moist Pound Cake!
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.7
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 184.6 mg
- Sodium 342.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 10.0 g