Recipe by *Chef H*
I just came up with this recipe a few months ago. It is the best chili I've ever had and it's the only kind I make. I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe as much as I did!!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made this tonight, cutting the recipe in half. Sorry, this did not work for us. The amount of chili powder is very excessive, thus the other seasonings were hardly, and not even recoginized, not even tasting them. I did use the cheddar cheese, and the corn chips in this somewhat giving it some flavor. I think by cutting the chili powder in half, this might have worked out a little better. Made for PAC`2013.
- 3 lbs fresh ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 diced tomato, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- kidney bean
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Fritos corn chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- brown hamburger, and put in a large pot
- Add onion, celery, tomato puree, water, diced tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- Simmer on medium heat or until a low boil forms.
- Cover and put on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Then, add chili powder, garlic salt, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Take off heat and sprinkle cheese and Fritos over.