1/2 Photos of Wonderful Banana Muffins
From "The Silver Palate Cookbook", these are my favorite banana muffins. Rich with flavor, I've never had them not turn out delicious. You can substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of unbleached, all-purpose flour, if you want a healthier tasting muffin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- 4Fold in mashed bananas, vanilla, and walnuts.
- 5Spoon mixture into lightly-greased muffin pan, and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Because of the banana, a wooden pick may not come out completely clean if inserted to check if done.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1092 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 215.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g