- 6 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 3 tablespoons jaggery or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons seedless raisins
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, freshly roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons red chili powder
- 3 firm ripe bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup melon seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tamarind pulp over medium flamewith jaggery, ginger, raisins, cumin, mango and chilli powders until the jaggery dissolves and the sauce thickens.
- Add the bananas to the sauce.
- Add salt and melon seeds.
- Mix well.
- Serve chilled with hot parathas.