Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe I have recently found in my Grandmother's recipe box. This is a lovely way to enjoy spinach in a new way. Goes great with an un-oaked chardonnay.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and throughly drained
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Heat oil in a skillet and sautee onion and garlic for 6 or 7 minutes with italian seasoning.
- add wine and let reduce.
- mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Bake in a casserole at 350 for an hour.
This was wonderful. I served it at christmas. We had an Italian food Christmas. I will make it again and sending the recipe and this website to my Sister in law who asked for the recipe. Jan In Houston
I am surprised that this has not yet been rated. It was a big hit with the family. I did not have any white wine so the next time I will be sure to have some. At first I was afraid that the cheddar cheese would be too much of a dominant taste but it blended well with the cottage.