Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe many years ago in a magazine and don't know which one it was. Finally tried these for dinner and my husband loved them. It is a simple recipe, quick to prepare and tasty. Be sure to use 'real' parmiggiano-reggiano cheese!! You won't be disappointed!
- 4 dozen bay scallops
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 16 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In four small gratin dishes, add 1 tablespoon butter and 2 cloves of minced garlic to each.
- Place in a 400* preheated oven until melted.
- Remove and add 1 dozen scallops to each dish.
- Top with 1 tablespoon wine and 1 tablespoon heavy cream, stirring to evenly coat the scallops.
- Top each dish evenly with the crushed crackers and then sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the grated cheese.
- Bake until hot and opaque, about 15 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil and cook until the crumbs and cheese are golden brown.