Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This wonderful recipe is from Chef Patrick Raux and was published in the City Times. It does look very inviting and tempting and I have a feeling it's good!
- 1 big chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 kg long grain rice
- 250 g mushrooms (Champignons de Paris)
- 10 small onions (grelots)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- lemon juice
- bouquet garni
Directions See How It's Made
- Firstly, start off by cleaning and cutting the chicken into pieces.
- Then, place the chicken carcass in a stewing pan.
- Bring to boiling point until you get a broth.
- Lowe flame and simmer.
- Keep warm for 15 minutes or more.
- Sear 4 chicken legs in butter.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Cover for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pieces.
- Stir the sauce until it boils.
- Add sour cream.
- Place in a pot.
- Garnish with chopped sliced mushrooms cooked in hot boiled water with salt, butter and lemon juice.
- Add small peeled onions as well.
- Now, get onto making the rice.
- For the rice, first of all, boil it.
- Sauté until golden.
- Add chopped onions and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add a cup of water to the chicken broth for 1 volume and rice and a bouquet garni.
- Continue to boil covered.
- Cook rice pilaf in the oven at 200C for 16-18 minutes.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve hot!