Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the soup that is eaten when doing the General Motors diet, but I like it and make it just to eat it. Veggie substitution/changes are allowed to be made, so it's not set in stone (I like to add carrots). It doesn't have much broth, so if you want you can add more water than what I put in the ingredients. This makes A LOT of soup, so I recommend cutting it in half. I have no idea how many servings it makes, but it is a lot. You can freeze servings in individual baggies or kitchen storage containers!^_^ The pictures in the pot are of approximately half the below recipe.
- 28 ounces water
- 6 large onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 bunch celery
- 4 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes onion soup mix
- assorted herbs (whatever you want)
- 1. Cut up onions, peppers, cabbage, and celery.
- 2. Put everything in large pot.
- 3. Cook until tender (I do it for like 1 and a half hours), stirring occasionally.
Very good soup on a diet. Green peppers arent my fav but tolerable. Great lunch. Delish the next day.