Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my former MIL who just turned 90 years old. She can run circles around me. She made this recipe for me about 30 years ago. I turned my nose up at them until she made me try one, then I was hooked.
- 1 (46 ounce) jar dill pickles, plain NOT KOSHER
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- Drain juice from pickles,discard.
- Rinse pickles well, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place back into jar.
- Bring sugar, vinegar, cloves and bay leaves to a boil in med. saucepan.
- Pour over cubed pickles. Place lid back on.
- Let stand for 24 hours in the boiled liquid.
- Pour liquid into saucepan and bring to a boil for the second time.
- Pour back into jar, covering the cubed pickles.
- Cool, then store in refrigerator.
- Note: time doesn't include standing time.
Made a batch of these just for fun and find I really love them ! Very easy to do ! They still need to "sit" for a day or two yet but , I just can't leave 'em alone ! Thanks for sharing !