Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like these because they are chocolaty and they have nuts in them.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a large bowl,cream peanut butter and butter.
- Beat in corn syrup, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, raisins and wheat germ; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pat into 9 x 13-inch (22x34 cm) baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Makes about 2 dozen.
- (Use solid marigarine).