Recipe by Kzim4
I don't know where this recipe originally came from, but my family has been using it since I was little. It is a frequently requested recipe for birthday dinners.
Top Review by Miraklegirl
Very tasty! My husband really loved these. I made a couple of changes- added 1 tsp. sherry and 1 tbl. sesame oil to the meat mixture and mixed the cornstarch with water before adding it to the sauce (which was tangy and sweet!)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages wonton wrappers (skins)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ground beef egg, accent, green onions, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Place 1 teaspoon ground beef mixture on each won ton wrap.
- Wet edges of wrap with water.
- Fold in half to form triangle.
- wet one corner on long side of triagle, Bring both points on long side together.
- Repeat for all remaining wraps.
- Deep fry 8-10 won tons at a time at 350 degrees farenheit approximately 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain in paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with sauce.
- For sauce: mix all ingredients together in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir until thickened (about 2 minutes).