Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Use any standard method of folding the wontons using about 1 teaspoon each.
- Most Chinese cookbooks have illustrations.
- Deep fry a few at a time until golden brown.
- Drain and blot.
- Note: when deep frying make sure the oil isn't too hot.
- If too hot the food will cook too quickly on the outside but the filling will remain undercooked.
- Always put one piece in the oil as a test.
- Check how long it takes to start browning.
- Adjust oil temperature accordingly.
Very easy recipe to do. Did not use water chestnuts. Instructions are very sketchy for a beginner cook. I folded mine into a triangle and used the beaten egg to seal the edges.