Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another cooking class recipe. This is a very flavorful won ton soup. The oyster sauce and onion soup mix make this soup different from others.
- 8 ounces ground pork or 8 ounces ground chicken, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 24 small wonton wrappers
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- bok choy or cabbage, thinly sliced
- green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Place about 1/2 tsp mixture in center of each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten the sides of wrapper with water or egg white, then fold diagonally in half to form a triangle. Moisten the edges of the triangle and bring both points of the triangle's base towards the center to form a won ton shape. Set aside.
- In a large pot pour chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil and bok choy.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add the wontons and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with green onions.