Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pork & vegetable filled won ton cups with a spicey Thai peanut sauce . This came from Allrecipes.com. I made it for 2 Christmas parties and took along two Asian dipping sauces. They were liked by all.
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup prepared bangkok padang peanut sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- In food processor, finely chop the celery, carrot, garlic, onion and water chestnuts. They should be fairly small but not liquid.
- In large skilletr , combine ground pork and chopped vegetales. Cook until vegetables soft and the pork no longer pink. Cook until moisture evaporates, then stir in Thai peanut sauce and cook 5 minutes.
- Preheat over 350 degrees. Press wonton wrapper into each cup of mini muffin pans, with edges flaring out to side. Place one scoop of the meat mixture into each cup.
- Bake 12 minutes until outer edges of wrapper crisp and golden brown. I did not have the round won ton wrapper so used egg roll wrappers cut into 1/4's. Also, I made some in regular sized muffin pans with no problem.
- Asian dipping sauce.
- 1/2 cup orange juice.
- 3 tablespoons sugar.
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Mix all together.