Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a wonderful salad full of flavor. Add grilled sliced chicken breast or flank steak for a Main Meal Salad!
- 1 package wonton wrapper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- canola oil (for frying)
- 3 pears, peeled,cored and cut into 4 pieces each
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 lb mixed greens
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup pea pods, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange segments
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- red pepper flakes
- Mix together the blue cheese and walnuts.
- Lay out won-ton wrappers 10 at a time.
- Place 1/2 t.
- of the cheese nut mixture in the center of each wrapper, moisten edges with water and crimp to seal.
- Repeat until all the cheese is used up.
- Heat oil to medium high and fry won-tons until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and drain in a paper towel lined collander.
- Repeat until all won-tons are fried.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the red wine and sugar.
- Heat to high, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add the pears and reduce heat to medium low, turning frequently for about 8 minutes.
- Remove pears and slice quarters into halves.
- Set aside.
- On a large serving platter arrange mixed greens.
- Top with the sliced pears, mandarine segements and won-tons*** Top with the bean sprouts and pea pods.
- Pour on the dressing and finish with the scallions and sesame seeds.
- ***Fora Main Meal Salad add sliced grilled chicken breasts or thinly sliced grilled flank steak.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until well incorporated.
Very good and different salad which we enjoyed! Thanks for sharing!