Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salad that is often served at luncheons. The crisp won tons with the green salad are a nice combination. Prep time will include frying won tons.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (sometimes I leave the chicken out)
- 6 teaspoons sesame seeds (toasted -optional)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package wonton wrapper, cut into fourths & deep fried (make as many as to taste-we like lots)
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Mix salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a mixer or with wire whisk.
- Toss salad with dressing and won tons just before serving.
I made this but I am not going to rate it because I did not have the Accent seasoning for the dressing so I'm not sure how much of a difference that would have made. I had a problem with the dressing because the sugar did not disolve in it. To avoid deep frying the wontons, I placed them on a cookie sheet, sprayed the tops with a vegetable spray and baked them in a 350 degree until golden brown, about 7 - 10 minutes. They were every bit as crunchy as a deep fried wonton strip, I believe.
This was quite good for a change of pace. My DD really liked the fried won tons; I found them a bit of a pain to fry. But I will do it again because DH liked it, too.