Top Review by doomaster4
Add a little sugar and roll out thin and cut into strips and put in fryer. You get won-ton chips. They cook fast. If they are too thick they will puff up and be more like a bread they also can be stretched by hand before frying.
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water, approximately
- cornstarch, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and salt and mound on pastry board.
- Make an indentation in center of mound, add egg and mix with fingers.
- Gradually add water to form dough.
- Knead 10 minutes and form into a ball.
- Cover with a dampened tea towel and let rest 20 minutes.
- Roll out in several batches to desired thickness, in most cases as thinly as possible.
- cut in 4-inch squares or 3-inch rounds.
- Dust dough pieces lightly with cornstarch, stack and cover with cloth to prevent drying out until ready to fill.
- Yield: 1 pound, approximately 40 skins.
- Regional Cooking of China.