1/1 Photo of Won Ton Dough
I'm posting this in response to a request. It's from The Fresh Pasta Cookbook. It doesn't say how long it takes to make, or how much it makes either. I'll have to estimate in order to post.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, cornstarch and salt into a bowl, and make a well in the middle.
- 2Add the egg and pour in the water.
- 3Mix the egg and water into the flour mixture with a spoon.
- 4When this all binds together, scrape the spoon clean, and use your hands to work the dough into a smooth ball, leaving the bowl as free of the mix as possible.
- 5Knead the dough on a clean surface until it's very smooth.
- 6Cut the dough in half and wrap both portions in plastic wrap.
- 7Set aside for 15-30 minutes.
- 8Roll out one portion at a time.
- 9Dust work surface and rolling pin lightly with cornstarch, then roll out dough until thin and even.
- 10Either cut into squares, or use a circle cutter for dim sum and dumplings.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Won Ton Dough
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g