Recipe by anme
Impressive but SIMPLE dessert, can multiply to serve many more.
Top Review by Susie R.
Okay...I modified it... I used 2 apples, extra cinnamon and filled little mini pie crusts with the mixture. I mixed some sugar and vanilla into the cream cheese prior to mixing in the apples. I also did not peel the apples (I never do!) It still needs something- it's somewhat bland. Maybe nutmeg? I'll try it again- it is certainly worth working on! Thanks for sharing!
- 4 wonton wrappers
- 1 apple, sliced and peeled
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- cooking spray
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray cooking spray on a cookie sheet then place wrappers on tray. (you may sprinkle sugar on the wrappers if you wish).
- Broil 4 inches from heat until SLIGHTLY brown (watch VERY carefully).
- Remove from oven and flip wrappers over and broil again until slightly brown.
- Microwave apples with a splash of water and sugar and cinnamon for a minute or so, or until very soft.
- Drain apples and let cool sightly (I'm guilty of throwing them in the freezer to speed up the process sometimes) then combine with cream cheese.
- Layer a wrapper then apple mixture then wonton wrapper then apple mixture until all is used up finishing with apple mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar is desired, and chill in fridge if not eaten right away.