Recipe by LB in Middle Georgia
Way back in 1989 we lived in Louisiana and every so often we would go to Lake Charles, there was an Oriental restaurant that we loved that made these little gems. I have been making these when we make oriental dinners. I think Cream Puffs say it all!
- 1 (3 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix or 1 (3 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 12 ounces wonton wrappers
- oil, for deep-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Make pudding.
- After it has set place wantons on work space and water all four edges
- Place 1 teaspoon of pudding in the middle of won ton
- Then seal into triangle, make sure you seal well.
- Deep fry on medium high for 10 seconds or until golden brown, they fry up quick!
- We eat them just like this.
- But they would be good dipped in chocolate or dusted with powdered sugar.
- Prep time doesn’t include chill time for pudding.