Recipe by Dinglebop
This recipe comes from Snack Attack Kids Cookbook. I make these on Saturday nights just for my mom and grandma Andy, we enjoy them with a little salsa or white salsa to dip into.
Top Review by Southern Polar Bear
Easy, yummy, and they made the house smell terrific! A great after-school snack for the kids. I tried both methods of baking(placing over folded foil and laying flat) and found that the foil method is a little more tedious, but it is worth the effort if you are looking for presentation points. Made for the Camera-less Chef Game #5. Thanks for a great recipe, Dinglebop!
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed well
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each Won Ton wrapper into triangles.
- On a non stick baking sheet, line with tin foil, shaping into a fan , or ridges.
- Place the pieces of Won Ton wrappers over the foil, letting them fall over the foil. This will give you rippled chips.
- Or you can just lie them on the pan for flat chips.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, garlic, and oregano ( could use basil), and lightly brush this over each won ton wrapper.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes or until golden, just the way you like them.
- Use hot pads to remove from oven, and tongs to remove the chips on to a rack to cool completely.
- Make a second and third batch until all the won tons are baked.
- Turn off the oven.
- Enjoy munching as a snack or with a great chilli, or bean soup recipe.