Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just thought up this recipe and there is really no name for it, so I just call them Won Ton Baskets Supreme. Most anything can be put into these baskets.
- wonton wrapper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (any type will do, finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon, pieces (lox)
- 1⁄4 cup brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim the won ton wrappers to approximately 2 1/2 inch squares with scissors.
- Spray a miniature muffin tin with olive oil and spray the won ton wrappers lightly and put into muffin tin (I use a clean cork from a wine bottle to gently press the won tons into the muffin tin).
- Bake for approximately 7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. NOTE: You can make these a day ahead. Cover and store at room temperature.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter and saute the mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper until there is no more liquid left.
- Remove from heat and cool. Spoon into prepared won ton baskets. For each won ton basket, pinch off a small piece of brie cheese and place it on top of the mushrooms. Take a piece of smoked salmon and drape it on top of the cheese.
- Just before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the won ton baskets into oven just long enough to melt the brie cheese.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle parsley on top and serve warm.
I love brie, and these sound great! Can't wait to try. I'll have to rate it then!