Recipe by JackieOhNo!
From Woman's World Magazine 10/26/04. Only four ingredients!
Top Review by jmjm
I tried this first because it looked even easier than "Easy Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese" by Marie. This recipe IS a little easier since it uses bottled sauce, but the other is SO MUCH BETTER that it's worth the extra three or four minutes it takes to make.
Bottled Alfredo sauce gives this an odd texture that's both slick and gluey, and Worcestershire sauce is just wrong in macaroni and cheese. Besides, what's with calling this a "stove top" recipe when it goes under the broiler? The only difference between baking and broiling is which element heats up, but it's still in the oven.
The broiling in this recipe takes as long as making the quick sauce in Marie's recipe, but taste and texture are infinitely better with the other recipe.
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 (1 lb) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese, 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler rack so that top of 1-1/2 quart baking dish will be 4 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In same pot, heat Alfredo sauce over medium heat; stir in 1-3/4 cups cheese and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Stir in pasta.
- Transfer to baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned.