Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are by far the best homemade brownies I have ever had. I combined a few recipes and recipe ideas to get IMHO the perfect brownie! The name comes from the fact that anyway you crave/want them they are good I posted them w/ the marshmallow filling and chocolate frosting as that is MY prerogative! They are good with mint filling, caramel, just the frosting or just plain! I hope you enjoy these as much as my friends and family!F
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
for mud cake
- 2 -3 cups mini marshmallows or 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 4 -12 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients and add nuts in a bowl.
- Pour into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Just until set, do not over bake or they will be dry!
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then cover evenly with mini marshmallows.
- Return to oven and bake just until the marshmallows begin to melt (5 minutes or so).
- Remove from oven and cool.
- For frosting: to make it thick and creamy do not melt the butter; for a thin frosting, melt the butter, you can then pour the frosting instead of spreading it on top of the brownies and chill till the frosting sets up.
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa, add butter (whatever method you are using)and blend well.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat till smooth.
- Spread over brownies and cut into squares.
These brownies are delicious!!I didn't even have to frost them or put marshmallows on them.It is such a simple recipe.I used salted butter so I didn't have to add the salt.Such a nice rich flavor and texture.
Made these to bring over to my in-laws - everyone loved them!! Didn't make the icing - added just the marshmallows - they were perfect! Great brownies! Thanks homegirl!
I just used the basic brownie recipe (no marshmellows or frosting) but it was FABULOUS! I sprinkled a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips over the top of the warm brownies and let them cool. YUMMO!