1/3 Photos of Woman's Prerogative Brownies
These are by far the best homemade brownies I have ever had. I combined a few recipes and recipe ideas to get IMHO the perfect brownie! The name comes from the fact that anyway you crave/want them they are good I posted them w/ the marshmallow filling and chocolate frosting as that is MY prerogative! They are good with mint filling, caramel, just the frosting or just plain! I hope you enjoy these as much as my friends and family!F
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2-1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
for mud cake
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix together butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- 3Add eggs.
- 4Stir in dry ingredients and add nuts in a bowl.
- 5Pour into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes. Just until set, do not over bake or they will be dry!
- 7Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then cover evenly with mini marshmallows.
- 8Return to oven and bake just until the marshmallows begin to melt (5 minutes or so).
- 9Remove from oven and cool.
- 10For frosting: to make it thick and creamy do not melt the butter; for a thin frosting, melt the butter, you can then pour the frosting instead of spreading it on top of the brownies and chill till the frosting sets up.
- 11Combine powdered sugar and cocoa, add butter (whatever method you are using)and blend well.
- 12Add milk and vanilla and beat till smooth.
- 13Spread over brownies and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Woman's Prerogative Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.9
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 508.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 77.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g