Recipe by keyes123
This a recipe found in Womans Day mag changed by me to suit our tastes. Prep time is quick if chicken is already cooked. Used 3 to 4 chicken breasts simmered in chick broth till done, then shredded.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, mild
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar green chili salsa (salsa verde)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package flour tortillas
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix chicken 1/2 cup of sour cream, garlic, cumin, chillies and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Puree, salsa, water and remaining sour cream in blender or food processor. Spread one cup over bottom of prepared dish.
- Spoon 1/3 chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place in greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Pour remaining sauce and cheese over and bake uncovered 35 minutes.