Recipe by katie in the UP
This is a great 'different' from the normal garlic breads. I used only Parmesan cheese, recipe calls for both Parmesan and Mozza. I guess I really shouldn't be messing with Wolfgang's recipes...but we liked the outcome!
- 10 -15 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, stripped and chopped (small)
- 2 medium sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf bread
- grated parmesan cheese
- grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a blender, combine the garlic, basil, rosemary, sage, chili flakes and a pinch of salt. Puree.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on a cookie sheet.
- Brush with the garlic pesto.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella, if desired.
- Bake on the upper rack until golden brown and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes.