Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a great 'different' from the normal garlic breads. I used only Parmesan cheese, recipe calls for both Parmesan and Mozza. I guess I really shouldn't be messing with Wolfgang's recipes...but we liked the outcome!
- 10 -15 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, stripped and chopped (small)
- 2 medium sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf bread
- grated parmesan cheese
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a blender, combine the garlic, basil, rosemary, sage, chili flakes and a pinch of salt. Puree.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on a cookie sheet.
- Brush with the garlic pesto.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella, if desired.
- Bake on the upper rack until golden brown and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes.
This made a great light supper when I got home from an afternoon out. It was easy to put together and full of flavor. Thanks Katie! Made for the Secret Ingredient game.
This was a great recipe! Very quick and easy. I enjoyed it a lot and so did my dinner guests! I will definately make this again!
I love garlic bread and this one is amazing! I used 10 cloves of garlic and it was definatly garlicky enough for us. Easy to make I made the pesto early in day I used fresh parmesan but not the mozza but next time I want to try with the extra cheese. I liked the crushed red pepper flakes gave it a little kick but not overly hot. Thanks for posting this recipe katie.