This recipe for Wolfgang Puck's no cook gazpacho (which can be made a day ahead) was in the cooking section of my newspaper today....It sounded sooo good, I just had to share it with my friends here. (The recipe is from his most recent book: "Pizza, Pasta and More!" - Random House, $35.) There is no "cooking" time, but 2 hours chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, peeled, coreed, seeded, trimmed and cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper, peeled, coreed, seeded, trimmed and cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, peeled, coreed, seeded, trimmed and cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled, coreed, seeded, trimmed and cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup red pear tomatoes, coarsley chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow pear tomato, coarsley chopped
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1---Prepare gazpacho:.
- 2In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for topping ingredients and garnishes).
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Transfer to food processor, pulse until almost pureed, leaving a little texture.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Return to bowl, cover and refrigerate another hour before serving.
- 7---Prepare Topping:
- 8In a medium bowl, combine all the topping ingredients until well blended.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 11---To serve:
- 12Ladle 10 to 12 ounces into chilled soup plates.
- 13Top with 1/4 cup of the topping mixture, 2 shrimp and a sprig of cilantro.
- 14Place a wedge of lime on the rim of the plate.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wolfgang Puck's No Cook Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.9
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 2000.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar