Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup walnut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Whisk together first five ingredients.
- Slowly whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
I was looking for a salad dressing recipe that uses sherry wine vinegar. I was out of shallots, fresh thyme and walnut oil. I used garlic, dried thyme and olive oil, and it was still awesome. I can't wait to try it in the original form. Thank you for sharing
Thank you for posting this dressing It is outstanding!! It is now my house dressing
This was greeat. I substituted garlic for the shallot (didn't have any shallots on hand) and used a bit less salt. Very tasty. Similar to the dressing I typically make but the walnut oil was really something different.