Wolfgang Puck's Homemade Ricotta
- In a nonreactive saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Over medium heat, slowly bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat, stir once, and leave it to settle for 2 minutes.
- Line a colander with a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Slowly pour the mixture into it and leave it to drain for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese in the cheesecloth is thick.
- Transfer the fresh ricotta into a covered, non-reactive container and refrigerate until needed.