Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
I love Wolfgang Puck's recipes- here's a great one for homemade ricotta that can be used for desserts, pasta dishes, whatever!
- In a nonreactive saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Over medium heat, slowly bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat, stir once, and leave it to settle for 2 minutes.
- Line a colander with a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Slowly pour the mixture into it and leave it to drain for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese in the cheesecloth is thick.
- Transfer the fresh ricotta into a covered, non-reactive container and refrigerate until needed.
Very delicious!! Definite keeper!!
This recipe is so much more successful than the ones I've tried that incorporate vinegar. Rich and smooth and flavorful.
Simply amazing. Wonderful, gorgeous, easy, delicious!!! I didn't have heavy cream so used light cream. The yogurt I used was homemade. The milk was half fat organic. The result: I will never, ever buy ricotta again. This was easier than going out to the shop, organic and cheaper and absolutely amazing in flavour. I keep eating it straight out of the pot in the fridge! I sprinkle it lightly with salt after having strained it.