Prep 12 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the best soupmaker there is. I found this online and made it the next day. It was a big hit!! Next time I'll double the recipe! I sprinkled a little cheddar cheese on top.
- 1 lb mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbs water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle mushrooms with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in large heavy saucepan and saute shallots.
- Add mushrooms,thyme,and bay leaf, saute for 10 minutes.
- Add salt,pepper,cream, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and simmer another 10 minutes,stirring.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
I made this recipe using a mixture of cultivated mushrooms (cremini, shitake, oyster) and regular white button mushrooms. It was wonderful. I think the lemon juice and the bay leaf really add another dimension to the flavor. I am glad that I did not look at the nutritional info before I made it. I might not have even tried it. You could cut down on the fat by substituting half-n-half for the heavy cream, but I think it would compromise the taste. I might try it, however.
I will have to at least double this next time I make it. There was none left when we were done. Very simple to prepare and the ingredients are easy to find.
Wow - really delicious. I used Portabello mushrooms and used skim milk instead of the cream (trying to loose a few lbs.) and it was still delicious. Will definitely make again & again. Thanks for posting!